Saturday, September 17, 2016

What to do with leftover barn wood

Pin It

After we solved the problem if making a faux beam, we had different size chunks of barn wood left from the project. Certainly could not throw them away but honestly wasn't sure what to do with the wood.

Over the next few months I started mulling it over and used the wood to make these:

I purchased the hooks several years ago at a flea market but had taken them down when refinishing the stairwell to the basement. Totally forgot about them!

Cleaned the wood, waxed it, and then added the hooks. 


These metal letters were purchased from Michael's over a year ago because I loved them but didn't know what to do with them. 


Cut different lengths from a the leftover plank of barn wood, waxed them with a ochre tinted wax, glued them together then supported with a 1x2 piece of wood to brace it in back.
The barn wood was such a rich shade of brown that it was not necessary to stain or paint. I simply waxed with a tinted wax to deepen and make it richer, let it dry, and then assembled.

Linking up today at:
DIY Salvaged Junk Projects at Funky Junk Interiors

Pretty Pintastic Pin Party

Home Matters Link Party

Grace at Home

Feathered Nest Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...